QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. The products of QuickBooks are geared primarily towards medium and small sized conglomerate. QuickBooks is a cloud based monetary management software intended to gash the time users fritter in managing your business finances, by serving you with different tasks.
QuickBooks online is an accounting software perfect for your emergent business that puts you in control of your finances, your time and your business. It covers the basic requirements of a business i.e. tracking income and expenses, invoicing and synchronizing with your bank.
QuickBooks also proffers advanced options appropriate for most small businesses. It provides the ability to view personalized sales and profitability reports endow with the options to track the biggest sources of income. It is comprised of Inventory that makes it trouble-free to access, edit, delete and manage your entire inventory in a single location. QuickBooks automates numerous aspects of managing business by calculating sales tax, tracking products and automatically updating transactions in your register, customer and vendor areas.
Features of QuickBooks:
- Quick Books is completely web-based.
- Simply launch your web browser and go.
- Users can log in to QuickBooks Online from any computer with a working Internet.
- Freedom to work from anywhere, anytime.
- QuickBooks connects users in diverse locations by allowing multiple users to access your account.
- Users can specify permission levels to control what type of data each user can see or modify.
- Switching to online accounting is trouble-free.
- QuickBooks Online imports your existing customer contacts from different platforms.
- QuickBooks automatically backs up your data every two hours and meets the highest online security standards for data storage.
- No prior accounting knowledge is needed to use QuickBooks.
- Get started instantaneously with no software to install, free upgrades and free unlimited customer support 365 days a year.
Benefits of QuickBooks:
- Easy integration with third-party applications
- Trouble free connectivity
- Consolidated customer and supplier data
- Track sales and expenses
- Easily creates and manages invoices
- Instantaneous access to critical information and reports
- Easy Service Tax & VAT Computation
- Proficient estimates
- Get your Company Snapshot
- Handle foreign currencies
Drawbacks of QuickBooks:
As per the user’s feedback on Software, along with so many advantages QuickBooks lacks in a few functionality accessible in QuickBooks Desktop products. User’s noticed the following points:
- Online version does not allow its users to run more than one company.
- The PC version allows multiple tax IDs.
Commonly encountered Errors:
With a wide range of advantages, advanced features and many more positive aspects of using QuickBooks, there comes a moment when user might encounter a few errors that might stop user from accessing the services. Users need to address the errors encountered either manually or with the help of Customer Support Executive. Below is the list of few errors, what the errors indicate and their solution. In case user still encounters the same errors again and again, connecting to the Customer Service Executive is by far the best solution.
Error H202 indicates that something is jamming the multi-user connection to your server. Here raises the question of fixing this error. User just needs to follow a simple procedure comprises of few steps to address this error and get going with the QuickBooks.
Step 1: Hosting your own Network
Follow a simple procedure to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server for every version of QuickBooks you use. Server is the computer that hosts your company files. After the installation of Database Server Manager, continue with the sections underneath.
Ways to set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- The Full Program option: User installs the complete version of QuickBooks Desktop and Database Server Manager on server computer.
- The Server Only option: User’s only installs the Database Server Manager on server computer.
Step 2: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub on your server
The QuickBooks Tool Hub assists in fixing common errors. Follow the below steps to download and install QuickBooks tools.
Download the recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Save the files where they are easily accessible.
Open the downloaded file i.e. QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
After installation, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Step 3: From the Tools Hub, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
Running QuickBooks Database Server Manager on server computer comprises of simple procedure to be followed.
- From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Network Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- In case QuickBooks isn’t installed on your server, user will be prompted to install it.
- Under the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, select Start Scan in case the company file folders are displayed.
- If they aren’t, browse to the location of your company file and then select Start Scan.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will fix your firewall permissions automatically.
- When the scan completes, select Close.
- Open QuickBooks on every workstation where you see Error H202.
- Select File and Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- In case user uses its server computer as a workstation, be sure to check it too.
- If the workstations can go into multi-user mode devoid of any issues, everything is fixed.
- In case the error still perceive move to Step 4.
Step 4: Check the services on your server
Be assured of QuickBooks services running on your server computer. Follow the below mentioned steps to check Quick books DBXX and then replicate them for QBCF Monitor Service.
- Launch the Windows Start Menu on your server computer.
- Type “Run” into the search
- Open Run.
- Type “services.msc” into the Run window
- Press Enter.
- Locate and double-click QuickBooksDBXX on the list.
- Select Automatic for the Startup Type.
- Make certain that the Service status is either Running or Started.
- Select the Recovery tab.
- Select Restart the Service from each of these drop-down menus: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
- Select Apply
- Select OK to save the changes.
- Repeat these steps for QBCFMonitorService.
- After completing this step, open QuickBooks on each workstation.
- Go to the File menu
- Select Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- If everything opens correctly, the problem is fixed.
In case Error H202 still perceives, move on to Step 5.
Step 5: Add services to your Windows admin group on your server
Step 6: Configure your firewall settings on your server
Step 7: Ping your server from a workstation
Step 8: Add your server to your Windows hosts file
QB Error Code 6190
Quick Books error code 6190 indicates that other user is logged in to the company file and that too in single user mode. In order to resolve this error encountered, user just need to follow few steps. Below mentioned is the procedure to be followed to address this type of error.
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Locate the files with identical file name as your company files but with extensions .nd and .tlg.
- Right-click each files
- Select Rename.
- Append the word “OLD” at the end of each file name for eg. company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Open QuickBooks again
- Try to signing in to your company file.
QB Error Code 80029c4a
QuickBooks is generating an error message with the error code 80029c4a whenever user tries to open the quick books desktop. The error message signifies that DLL that is also known as Dynamic Link Library file got corrupted. When Quick books is unable to launch there might occur an issue that necessary files are gone missing. Another reason behind this error might be firewall configuration and antivirus issues.
In such case user can check onto a few solutions that might address the issue encountered.
Check your Antivirus: The error might occur due to few files that might be quarantined by the antivirus which needs to remain open. These files might prevent QuickBooks from running normally. Allowing few files through antivirus can fix the error.
Repair Quick Books Installation: There are a few applications and features settings that are required to be checked to address the encountered issue. Follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps & Features
- Type QuickBooks in the “Search this list box”
- Click on Modify from the list of installed apps
- Step 4 will give an option to repair QuickBooks installation
- Once the repair process is complete launch QuickBooks again
Perform a fresh install of Quick Books: In case the above mentioned procedure doesn’t fixes the encountered issue then a fresh install of the QuickBooks will be helpful to resolve the issue. This will certainly remove the encountered error.
QuickBooks Technical Support
If a user encounters any issue other than above mentioned or faces any type of difficulty with the QuickBooks, connecting to a customer support executive is the finest solution to deal with any type of errors. A team of excellent skilled executives is just a call away from its users with a promise of satisfying all the queries asked by the users. Addressing the issues encountered by the QuickBooks users is the primary goal of technical support team.